Ars Polona, export – import
Original Polish poster of the publishing house “Ars Polona. Export – import. Books, Music scores, Gramophone records’. Poster design: WALDEMAR ŚWIERZY, 1963.
The poster was published in several language versions, including Polish and English, by the WAG publishing house for ARS POLONA Warsaw.
The publishing house ARS POLONA had its headquarters at 7 Krakowskie Przedmieście Street in Warsaw.
On 1st January 1953, the Foreign Trade Press and Book Centre was established. Three years later, on 1st August 1956, this state enterprise changed its name to Centrala Handlu Zagranicznego Ars Polona. Initially, the CHZ headquarters were located at 1 Koszykowa Street in Warsaw, but by 1957 the location had already been changed to 7 Krakowskie Przedmieście Street in Warsaw. The company dealt with the import and export of books, sheet music and music records and the organisation of international book fairs.
This is an original 1963 vintage poster from PRL period – the golden age of the Polish school of poster. We confirm its authenticity with a certificate.
Condition: very good-