Sandomierz – Rynek
Henryk Dąbrowski’s prints
1957 / 2019
Graphics depicting view of main square in Sandomierz, made in limited edition in giclée technique according to the original drawing of artist: HENRYK DĄBROWSKI, 1957.
The original, which is the study of painting from nature made with ink on cardboard was formed in 1957. The print is made in a professional and very precise print technique: giclée.
Profesor Henryk Dąbrowski (1927-2006) – the drawing master, a prominent architect, co-founder of the Warsaw School of drawing. Is derived from the family: his father was an architect, a disciple and Assistant of Jan Witkiewicz (vel Koszczyc) – architect and conservator of art. He studied at the Faculty of Architecture at the Warsaw University of Technology (Politechnika Warszzawska). His professors were e.g. Zygmunt Kamiński Lech Niemojewski, Jan Zachwatowicz and Bohdan Lachert. After graduation, for many years he was associated with the University leading there teaching, scientific and artistic. He was a teacher of drawing for multiple generations of architects, head of the Department of Drawing, Painting and Sculpture at the Warsaw University of Technology. He received the title of Professor in 1992.
He worked in postwar design team Warsaw Muranów and the first metro line in Warsaw. Together with Jan Szymański designed a Pavilion at the Poznań International fair organized in 1954 on the occasion of the X anniversary of the people’s Republic of Poland. Another project was awarded the Polish pavilion at the fair in Brussels.
Referred to as the “Polish Piranesi”, specialized in architectural and landscape compositions, animation and graphics. His works took place in the greatest collections around the world.
Condition: very good