The view of Tykocin (small format)
Henryk Dąbrowski’s prints
1975 / 2015
Graphics depicting the panoramic view of Tykocin, made in limited edition in giclée technique according to the original drawing of artist: HENRYK DĄBROWSKI, 1975.
The original, which is the study of painting from nature made in ink on cardboard was formed in 1975. The print is made in a professional and very precise print technique: giclée.
Graphics is made in limited edition: 200 pieces in reduced format in relation to the original.
The graphic is accompanied by a certificate together with the number of graphics: 2/200 (second in a row of the 200 pieces edition).
Profesor Henryk Dąbrowski (1927-2006) – the drawing master, a prominent architect, co-founder of the Warsaw School of drawing. Is derived from the family: his father was an architect, a disciple and Assistant of Jan Witkiewicz (vel Koszczyc) – architect and conservator of art. He studied at the Faculty of Architecture at the Warsaw University of Technology (Politechnika Warszzawska). His professors were e.g. Zygmunt Kamiński Lech Niemojewski, Jan Zachwatowicz and Bohdan Lachert. After graduation, for many years he was associated with the University leading there teaching, scientific and artistic. He was a teacher of drawing for multiple generations of architects, head of the Department of Drawing, Painting and Sculpture at the Warsaw University of Technology. He received the title of Professor in 1992.
He worked in postwar design team Warsaw Muranów and the first metro line in Warsaw. Together with Jan Szymański designed a Pavilion at the Poznań International fair organized in 1954 on the occasion of the X anniversary of the people’s Republic of Poland. Another project was awarded the Polish pavilion at the fair in Brussels.
Referred to as the “Polish Piranesi”, specialized in architectural and landscape compositions, animation and graphics. His works took place in the greatest collections around the world.
Condition: very good